Meet the Dentist
Meet Dr. Renee Corbitt
I really enjoy being a general dentist because my patients range from age 1 to 92. The day-to-day interaction with such a diverse and interesting group of people means that my work is never boring. I have become so close to patients over the years and they are like family to me. I want all my patients to know that they can ask me anything. I take an active interest in their health and I want them to have a beautiful, healthy smile for the rest of their lives.
Education and Experience
I attended Lamar High School in Arlington, TX and obtained my undergraduate education at the University of Texas at Arlington. I graduated from the University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio Dental School with my Doctor of Dental Surgery degree in 1986.
I love taking continuing education courses! I take a variety of courses and attend seminars so I can learn as many new ideas and concepts as I can. I am very interested in Sleep Medicine (the treatment of snoring and sleep apnea) and have completed UCLA's Sleep Medicine mini residency. The more I learn, the better I can serve my patients. Here is a listing of my credentials in Sleep Medicine:
- ULCA Sleep mini Residency 2011
- UCLA TMJ/Orofacial Pain Disorders Mini Residency 2012
- University of Kentucky Orofacial Pain Shadow Program 2013
- University of Medicine and Dentistry New Jersey (now Rutgers) Orofacial Pain Mini Residency 2012-2013
- UCLA Sleep and Orofacial Pain Study Club 2014
- 500+ Hours of Sleep and Orofacial Pain Continuing Education
I am also an active member of:
- Academy of General Dentistry
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- American Academy of Orofacial Pain
- American Headache Society
- International Headache Society
- Southern Headache Society
- American Veterinary Dental Society.
Outside the Office
I am a native Texan, but I grew up in several areas in the US. I was even an exchange student to Lima, Peru. I live in Fort Worth with a few furry friends. I have a dog, Bailey, who was voted into the TCVMA Animal Hall of Fame in 2003 for alerting me to my neighbor after she had fallen and broken her neck. Bailey's alertness saved her life. She even had her 15 minutes of fame with Channel 8 for her heroics! My cats are Oz, Maggie, and the newest, Sophie. I also have a Dwarf Hotot rabbit named Roxie.
I love to travel when I can, usually to places that are off the beaten path and quiet, allowing me to recharge. Photography is my favorite hobby, especially when I'm traveling. I am also a fairly serious reader and almost always have an audio book going in the car and another book at the house.